The International League Against Epilepsy is the premier professional association of doctors and other health professionals who are working in the field of epilepsy. The organisation comprises national chapters in over 100 countries in all continents of the world. The ILAE as founded in 1909 and the British chapter was one of the founding members. It has held meetings since 1913 and is one of only 2 national ILAE chapters that have been in continual existence since the origins of the League.
The annual scientific meeting of The ILAE British Chapter will be held at the Nottingham Conference Centre on
18-20th September 2014.
The meeting is open to members of the chapter and non-members.
The programme features an excellent faculty and a range of innovative and cutting edge research and scientific topics. The programme is divided into 4 main plenary sessions:
- Innovation in service delivery
- Non convulsive status – controversial aspects
- Psychiatry and impact of the mind
- New aspects of JME
In addition, the programme includes:
- The Epilepsy Excellence award lecture
- The Nottingham Lecture
- A debate
- A keynote lecture from an International Speaker
- Joint Basic Science Free Communications session, co-hosted by ERUK
- Nottingham Research update session
- Epilepsy Surgery Network session
- Clinico-pathological-Conference (CPC)
- Sponsored satellite sessions
- Poster sessions (including expert-led poster tours) and free communications
Read the detailed agenda of the conference.
The ILAE British chapter invites submission of abstracts for posters (with the best abstracts chosen as platform presentations) and prizes for the best posters and best platform presentation.
The ILAE British chapter also invites submissions for the following two prizes: the Gowers Medical Student Award and the new Clinical Science Gowers Award (replacing the Gowers Young Physician and Gowers Health Professional Award). These awards will be presented at the meeting.
Posted on 07 August 2014