Nottingham’s hospitals have been awarded £23.6 million from the Government to create world-first medical breakthroughs. The Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) in Nottingham will lead and support that investment.
Join NIHR on the 1st June at the East Midlands Conference Centre to be part of an exciting new chapter in the region’s rich history in research and innovation and to find out about their research programmes and how they will benefit patients with the very latest treatments and the highest standards of care.
The Nottingham BRC will drive innovation and internationally competitive translational research in therapeutic areas which are highly relevant to the health of patients and the public:
- gastrointestinal and liver disease;
- hearing loss and tinnitus;
- respiratory disease;
- musculoskeletal disease;
- mental health and technology.
At the core of the centre will be the world leading expertise in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). The new BRC will further strengthen Nottingham’s position as a leading city for research and innovation.
The exciting full day programme will include:
- Keynote speeches from internationally renowned researchers, policy makers, NHS and business leaders
- Networking opportunities with the Life Sciences, Medical Technologies and IT industries
- A showcase of the Nottingham health research infrastructure and capability
To find out more and to book your place, please click here and complete the online booking form.
Posted on 11 May 2017